The eating experience at El Mercado takes place in an informal restaurant setting, with its vibrant space (including a patio) as a sort of Brasserie where dishes-of-the-day (plat du jour) are served.
Each day, specials will be offered under three themes:
From the Sea,
From the Farm, and
From the Earth.
There is a also a bar where you can savor a glass of wine, and taste fresh oysters or cold cuts even as you shop. Chefs are invited to not only do their marketing here but to cook as well.
- When you walk in, you will not be presented with a printed food menu
- Look instead for the blackboard menus (for hot dishes, oysters, desserts, ice-creams)
- You can pick your choice of cold-cuts and cheeses in the Deli, or go for a “surprise” platter (ask Team El Mercado for advice)
- Expect casual service and easy-going interactions
- Enjoy fresh ingredients, homemade recipes, excellent wine range, reasonable prices
- … and NO service charge
- Set menu (from Monday to Friday except national holidays)
- BBQ: suckling pigs on Tuesday & Thursday evenings; baby lambs on Wednesday & Friday evenings.
- Kids menu and children’s playground available on Sunday from 12 to 17:00
A fresh market that provides quality seafood produce that are brought from around the world in the most efficient manner, and are preserved fresh.
International dry & fresh meats, cheeses, butter, and a range of seasonal vegetables and fruits are imported and available at reasonable prices.
The Bakery (Patisserie)
All our pastries are homemade and produced daily in our brand new Pastry lab .
Take away or enjoy these with coffee or tea at the terrace or bar. The patisserie also hosts a range of pastry delicacies.
The Organic Shop
The shop sells dry goods and specialized spices, dry flowers, oils, pasta, rice, coffee, and other prime ingredients & items for all ranges of kitchens.
An outdoor terrace offers a fabulous location for an el fresco meal.
The cellar houses a selection consisting mostly of old-world wine ranging from Spanish, French, and Italian, and a surprising collection of wine from Portugal, Austria, and other parts of Europe.
The wine, at very attractive & affordable prices that are not marked up, suit the seafood, cold-cuts, and cheeses at El Mercado.
The Eatery info: Address & Hours
490 Phai Singto Alley,
Khwaeng Khlong Toei, Khet Khlong Toei,
Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110
(+66) 0 99 131 2226
Restaurant Operation Hours
Monday – Sunday : 9.00 – 21.00
Kitchen Operation Hours
Kitchen Open : all Day
Last order : 20:20
Grocery shops are opened every day.
Map(s) & ACCESS
You can use google map, but we also have drawn a map with the indications for you.
Exit 6 – Exchange Tower
Take a motorbike in front of 7/11 (2 minutes)
MRT Queen Sirikit
Exit number 4 – Soi Phaisingto
Walk 2 minutes (200 meters)