The eating experience at El Mercado takes place in an informal restaurant setting, with its vibrant space (including a patio) as a sort of Brasserie where dishes-of-the-day (plat du jour) are served.
Each day, specials will be offered under three themes:
From the Sea,
From the Farm, and
From the Earth.
There is a small bar where you can savor a glass of wine, and taste fresh oysters or cold cuts even as you shop. Chefs are invited to not only do their marketing here but to cook as well.
- When you walk in, you will not be presented with a printed food menu
- Look instead for the blackboard menus (for hot dishes, oysters, desserts, ice-creams)
- You can pick your choice of cold-cuts and cheeses in the Deli, or go for a "surprise" platter (ask Team El Mercado for advice)
- Expect casual service and easy-going interactions
- Enjoy fresh ingredients, homemade recipes, excellent wine range, reasonable prices
- ... and no service charge
- Set lunch menu (from Tuesday to Friday except national holidays)
- BBQ: suckling pigs on Tuesday evenings; baby lambs on Wednesday evenings.
- Kids menu and children's playground available (Sunday only 12 to 18:00)
A fresh market that provides quality seafood produce that are brought from around the world in the most efficient manner, and are preserved fresh.
International dry and fresh meats, cheeses, butter, and a range of seasonal vegetables and fruits are imported and available at reasonable prices.
The Bakery (Patisserie)
The well-known Bangkok baker Amantee supplies his collection of freshly baked breads and pastries every day at the patisserie here.
Take away or enjoy these with coffee or tea at the terrace or bar. The patisserie also hosts a range of pastry delicacies.
The Organic Shop
The shop sells dry goods and specialized spices, dry flowers, oils, pasta, rice, coffee, and other prime ingredients and items for all ranges of kitchens.
An outdoor terrace offers a fabulous location for an el fresco meal.
The cellar houses a selection consisting mostly of old-world wine ranging from Spanish, French, and Italian, and a surprising collection of wine from Portugal, Austria, and other parts of Europe.
The wine, at affordable prices that are not marked up, suit the seafood, cold-cuts, and cheeses at El Mercado.
The Eatery infos: Address & Hours
490 Phai Singto Alley,
Khwaeng Khlong Toei, Khet Khlong Toei,
Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110
(+66) 0 99 078 3444
Restaurant Operation Hours
Tuesday - Sunday : 10.00 - 21.45
Kitchen Operation Hours
Kitchen Open : all Day
Last order : 21:00